Summer is coming!
With warm, or very hot, days approaching, many people have swimsuit season on their mind. Along with that comes the feeling of needing to diet to look good in those suits and summer clothes. While there are all kinds of fad diets, it is important to keep your whole health in mind. Following are some suggestions to remember when embarking on the weight loss journey:
5 Weight Loss Tips (That Are Also Good for Your Teeth)
- Plan meals: Instead of fatty foods or take out, meal prep choosing lean protein, fruits, vegetables, grains and dairy.
- Drink plenty of water: Pass on sugary sodas that are high in calories and opt for lots of water instead. Drinking water also helps clean teeth while eating by washing away food particles.
- When craving dessert: Chew sugarless gum for about 20 minutes after eating to prevent dessert remorse and clean your teeth and prevent cavities at the same time!
- Work out: Be sure to drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated.
- Snack healthy: While dieting it is necessary to keep energy up and between meal “snacks” can help. Choose fresh fruits, raw nuts or skim milk to nutritionally help curb your appetite until it’s time for your next meal.
At C R Dental Group, located in Dallas, Texas, we love the summer months, but we are more concerned with ensuring our patients have optimum oral health. We encourage our patients to ask questions on how we can help them to achieve, and maintain, a healthy smile. After all, what good is a great body without a beautiful smile?