To the average person, regular dental exams are grossly underrated! Yet, they are a critical part of preventative health care. At C R Dental Group in Dallas, Texas, we offer a higher standard of care to our patients, knowing the value of achieving and maintaining good oral health. And it all begins with a thorough oral examination.
Through a dental exam, much can be determined. After reviewing a patient’s health history, the doctor is able to discuss the many links between oral disease and systemic disease. The American Dental Association recommends that adults schedule regular dental exams at intervals determined by a dentist. Even if you no longer have your natural teeth, it’s important to see your dentist for regular dental exams to maintain your oral health and the usefulness of your replacement teeth.
What you can expect
During a dental exam, the dentist or hygienist will:
- Evaluate your overall health and oral hygiene
- Evaluate your risk of tooth decay, root decay, and gum or bone disease
- Evaluate your need for tooth restoration or replacement
- Check your bite and jaw for problems
- Remove stains or deposits on your teeth
- Demonstrate proper cleaning techniques for your teeth or dentures
- Assess your need for fluoride
- Possibly take dental X-rays or, if necessary, do other diagnostic procedures
- Perform an oral cancer screening
It’s all about YOU and your total health
The practice of comprehensive care dentistry benefits YOU, the patient. For Dr. James Reisman and Dr. Jordana Contrucci at RDG, it’s important to build relationships. The mouth is a unique indicator of sickness or health. Dentists and hygienists will perhaps become the most significant players in today’s preventative healthcare arena. When you are keeping regular dental visits, you have a team of professionals who are dedicated to your WHOLE health.